Friday, May 21, 2010

Reasons to be happy

So the last few weeks have been a bit rough. Not super bad, just grey. Hard to be excited about life with things going wrong and stuff and I hate this feeling and so I'm going to do something I never do which is try and think of all the reasons I should be happy and see if that can help.

In no particular order:

  • Tahu
  • My family, every single one of them.
  • I have a job that pays me well
  • I have travelled to amazing places that many will never get to see
  • We now have 2 cars that work beautifully
  • I walked to work this morning. I'm able to do that and it's good for me.
  • I am awesome at baking and cooking and I am in a situation where I can share with others this thing I love so much.
  • We can pay our bills this week AND go to the movies on a date tonight.
  • I get to see Ironman 2 tonight. Now seeing the movie isn't the good part, it's that I get to spend a Friday night with Tahu, no pressure, no worries. And he will be happy seeing the movie.
  • I have an awesome cat who loves me even though he doesn't live with me. Rokocoko comes home almost every time I am at mum and dads.
  • I completed the Duathlon earlier in the year in much less time then I had thought I'd have to take.
  • I don't wear makeup every day.
  • I live in the most beautiful country in the world. And that's not an exaggeration or biased.
  • I learn something new every day. Today it is that exaggeration has 2 g's. Who knew!
  • I do not live in a black and white world even though others may.
  • Writing this list is already making me feel better.
  • I have read 19 books this year already.
  • Today is Friday.
Anyone want to add to my list or tell me what's on theirs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the colours of autumn when they are at their rich best
I love it when our baby reaches out to me
I love it when Reuben looks me in the eye and smiles
I love Chrissy becoming a young woman with the feeling that she is 'one of us'
I love it when I am free to sit and read sometimes
I love having enough $$$$$ to buy and to share
I love it when a sermon is written and ready to present
I love it when my children are happily altogether in one room
I love it when I can walk pain free

And those are without thinking too much, so I guess I love living!!!
Thanx Joey
xx 278 xx