Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Opinion on stuff.co.nz

As usual my procrastination has led me to the stuff.co.nz website. A headline in the Editors' Picks grabbed my attention: Promoting promiscuity under guise of Safe Sex. This article started well and had the potential to have a few good points but lost me at the end with his sudden ending that it was a lesbian Labour MPs fault (he says her sexuality is relevant but I'm really not sure how, is he saying that homosexuals can't have a passion to help the damaged youth in NZ or that they can't have an opinion on family matters?)

I'm not really sure of the point of this post, I think I'm just disappointed that this guy had such a good platform and point to raise on the issue of teen pregnancy and all that (did anyone else feel sick ready about the abortion rates of 11-14 year olds in NZ doubling?) and he dropped the ball on this one by blaming it on someone that probably didn't deserve it and by not actually giving us solutions. Simply pointing out the problem is not enough in my opinion. It's like telling me I have a terminal disease and then sending me home when I should be also told what I can do to fix the problem or at least alleviate the pain.

Do people really get paid to write rubbish and unfinished articles these days? If so can I please apply for that job?

1 comment:

kate said...

Do it!!! id read your stuff!! on Stuff :p