Monday, March 29, 2010

Real Womens Duathlon

I really love this photo. It's 3 generations of my family. My sister Deb, my niece Chrissy, my other sister Shaz, my mum Elizabeth and me just after completing a 3.5km run (or walk for some of us), 10km bike and another 1.5km run/walk. It was a first time for all of us and I had hoped to do it in an hour and a half at best. And I did it in 1 hour, 14 minutes and 26 seconds!! Am very very pleased with myself. Actually I think we all beat the times we were aiming at which is just amazing! Who knew we had it in us.

I'm planning at this stage to do it again next year and try and do it in under an hour but it's a long way off so no promises!

ps did I mention I got the fastest of us all too?? Yes I beat the youthful (16 year old) Chrissy! Ok it was by 10 seconds by I'm stoked!! Must be still something good in me after all my self loathing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOu look great and you done great too kid! I am proud to be part of this group! xx
278 :)