Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Summertime and the living is easy....

It's been so long since I wrote. It's been a very busy summer with loads of good things and I guess a few not so flash ones! I'm sitting on my brothers computer in the beautiful and hot melbourne. Sharyn and Simona left this morning and Paul and Dippie fly out tonight. It's nice having a house to myself and I don't have to think about work or tec or jobs to do. I can do whatever I want. And so later I'm catching a tram into town, doing some (more) shopping, meeting up with my friend josh (from school) and just relaxing. It's gonna be so nice.

This summer has been very different to what I had planned but has been so good at the same time. About mid november last year I got glandular fever and as I wasn't sure how sick I was gonna get I stayed in Christchurch instead of coming to Melbourne to work. I got a job at the Holy Grail (Paul works there as well) and so I've been working late nights and sleeping all day for most of the last couple of months. But I have to say as much as it gets very hard sometimes the people we work with are the loveliest I've met in a long time. It's like going out with my mates every night and getting paid for it. There's obvious down sides to working in a bar but I think that the friends I've made and the laughs that we've had make up for them. Even working New Years was probably one of my best nights. We have the coolest bar staff and the bouncers (sorry "security") are so good to us and would do anything for us.

Well I better go...got to go sit in the sun and do nothing! (also I can't think of anything to write) See you soon!

3 comments:

amy said...

Sounds like you're having a good time & soaking up the sun :)

take care joeygirl

Rayd said...

sounds good. The song's good too! :)

ElizabethB said...

WELCOME BACK! Tell me more :-)